Simple, yet still superb combination of creamy avocado and tender roasted kabocha squash, that's uplifted by the cheesy sweetness of nutritional yeast sprinkles.
Serves: 1-2 / Total time: 35-40 min
1 Kabocha Squash
1 Lemon, whole
Kabocha squash offers around 70% of the daily recommendation for beta carotene, which can be changed into vitamin A and is thus vital for forming white blood cells and for proper night vision.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Cut the Kabocha squash into medium slices, removing the seeds.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for around 25 minutes till browned & slightly crispy at the edges.
- Whilst the squash roasts, slice the avocado lengthwise into wedges.
- When the kabocha is ready, it is time to assemble! Place the kabocha on a plate. Top with avocado. Squeeze some lemon juice. Finish with sprinkles of nutritional yeast. Done.
Fortified nutritional yeast is a good source of vitamin B12, a water-soluble vitamin with a key role in the normal functioning of the brain and nervous system, and for the formation of blood.